Business Intelligence applications pose nontrivial performance, scale, and user concurrency challenges to any platform. Traditional Data Warehousing platforms a la Teradata or Neteeza use proprietary HW to address them, thus quickly becoming impractically expensive for Big Data BI. Emerging Hadoop and Cloud architectures offer the raw power and abundant storage required for the job, but is that sufficient to claim the title “Big Data Warehouse”? That is the 15 Billion dollar question… The rapidly declining sales of Teradata, and the end-of-life of Neteeza testify to the newly created gap in the BI market, yet it is not clear what vendor or which platform will fill it.
- Webinar: Enterprise Interactive BI on Hadoop with Data Realty and TableauSeptember 19, 2017 - 9:41 pm
- Can Your Grandpa’s OLAP do Big Data BI?August 17, 2017 - 5:32 pm
- Webinar: Under the BI on Big Data Hood with Symphony Healthy and QlikAugust 16, 2017 - 5:09 pm
- Define and Create External Tables in Jethro 3July 11, 2017 - 2:10 pm
- Applying Big Data to tame Manufacturing ComplexityJuly 5, 2017 - 11:26 am